COVID-19 UPDATE: Hillcrest Thrift in Lenexa and Lee’s Summit are now open! See below for more information.
Shop. Donate. Volunteer.
Hillcrest is proud to operate the best thrift stores in the Kansas City area. Our shops are supported by thousands of volunteers annually and are stocked daily only with donated items from our friends & supporters in the community.
Proceeds from the thrift stores support the operations of the Hillcrest Transitional Housing program. They’ve allowed us to expand our transitional housing program to new communities! To volunteer, donate, or schedule a pick-up of your gently loved items, please contact a member of your local Hillcrest Thrift Store staff.
COVID-19 Update: Both thrift stores are now open! As you gear up to visit us again, you’ll see some processes have been changed and improved. Please note the following before heading in to shop or donate:
* Donation hours have been altered during the month of June. Donations at Lee’s Summit are accepted Mon-Sat from 10-4, and in Lenexa 10-4 Mon-Fri and 10-3 on Sat.
* No truck pick-ups will be scheduled for the month of June.
* Donations will be quarantined per recommended guidelines.
* We are currently offering a contactless donation process.
* Customers are strongly encouraged to wear protective face masks when shopping in the store.
* We will be operating under occupancy restrictions. (Note: Best time to shop in Lee’s Summit and avoid crowds/occupancy limits is in the afternoons.)
* Social distancing guidelines are in place at checkout line.
* Window barriers are installed at the registers.
* Shopping carts are cleaned after each use.
* High traffic areas are sanitized on a regular schedule.
* Hand sanitizers are stationed on the sales floor.
Thanks for your understanding, patience, and cooperation as we work to ensure a safe experience for you, our staff, and other customers. See you soon!
Hillcrest Thrift Store – Lee’s Summit
936 SE 3rd Street
Hillcrest Thrift Store – Lenexa
7824 Quivira Road
Volunteer with Hillcrest Thrift Stores
When you volunteer with Hillcrest Thrift Stores, you support Hillcrest Transitional Housing’s efforts to solve homelessness in Kansas City. We have volunteer opportunities for individuals, families, and groups on either a one time or regular basis. Click here to learn more.
Join us for an upcoming volunteer open house! Interested in learning more about volunteering with Hillcrest? Come to one of our open houses, where we’ll share more about our opportunities over refreshments. Mark your calendar for:
Lee’s Summit Thrift Open House: Saturday, June 6, 2020 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Lenexa Thrift Open House: Saturday, June 13, 2020 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
We Need Your Gently Used Items
When you donate your gently used clothing and household items to Hillcrest Thrift Stores, you help transform lives. Hillcrest Thrift Stores can accept the following types of donations:
* Clothing, Shoes, and Coats
* Purses, Jewelry, and Accessories
* Toys and Books
* Housewares, Decor, and Seasonal Items
* CDs, DVDs, and Video Games
* Sporting Goods
Make it a group effort! Consider mobilizing your faith community, civic organization, school, or neighborhood on behalf of Hillcrest with a clothing drive for our thrift store. Items can be delivered to either thrift store, or larger donations can be scheduled for pick-up by calling one of our locations.