Vice President of Retail Operations – Full Time
Hillcrest Transitional Housing is seeking a dynamic Vice President of Retail Operations to oversee all existing Thrift Stores as well as identity and develop new earned income opportunities for the organization. The Vice President of Retail Operations will report directly to the President/CEO.
- Ensure that the store staff (paid and volunteer) has a clear understanding of the Hillcrest mission and, through exposure to the housing program and residents, how the Thrift Store supports that mission.
- Recruit volunteers to effectively operate the store on a continual basis.
- Oversee the supervising and training of all staff (paid & volunteer) for maximum efficiency in operating the store on a daily basis.
- Maximize time spent in the community developing partnerships for resources, recruiting additional volunteers, and allocating surplus donations to other agencies.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of donor, volunteer, and client transactions.
- Develop, supervise, and maintain the vehicle fleet for the timely delivery/pick-up of donations and purchases.
- Develop, monitor and report pertinent analytics on budgets, sales trends, maintenance and volunteer activity.
- Monitor and report daily receipts with 100% accuracy, and manage petty cash accounts with clear written records, guidelines for use, and reporting.
- Make recommendations for efficient operation and business growth of the Thrift Store.
- Ensure customers, volunteers and donors have an experience.
- Explore new earned income opportunities for the organization.
- Develop business plans to support new ventures.
- Other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Knowledge and Skills Required
A Bachelor’s degree with coursework in management, public relations, or business is preferred. The ideal candidate will know what’s needed without being asked.
- Attention to detail
- Experience balancing ongoing projects with one-time requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relates well with all types of people including donors, clients, and staff
- Handles tasks with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to travel to other Hillcrest sites throughout the Kansas City metro area
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, DonorPerfect, Constant Contact, WordPress, and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Display strong people and leadership skills with ability to delegate appropriately to paid and volunteer staff.
- Ability to work with people of all skill levels, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Professional, flexible, hard-working attitude with ability to work in a team environment.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] on or before May 3, 2019.