Program Assistant – Part Time
Hillcrest Transitional Housing of MidAmerica seeks a part time Program Assistant for its transitional housing program serving Jackson County in Missouri. This is a part-time, exempt position with offices located in Independence and Lee’s Summit, MO. Hillcrest provides a transitional housing program for homeless households, providing rent and utility free private apartment housing, as well as supportive services.
The program assistant supports the Case Manager and program staff in implementing the vision and mission of Hillcrest and is first point of contact for most program applicants, residents, donors and volunteers. Program Assistants are the primary support for the Case managers and the daily operations of the housing offices.
- Greets and assists clients, applicants, volunteers, donors and staff courteously and professionally, always following HIPPA and Hillcrest privacy guidelines when communicating information.
- Answers phones and logs all calls, returning phone calls for information and tracking applicant check-in calls. Sorts mail at each site for staff and residents.
- Maintains a clean and organized office space.
- Assists the case managers and other program staff in providing appropriate referrals and distributing donated items to applicants and residents.
- Supports and assists Case Managers with minor building maintenance, cleaning, apartment inspections and coordinating pest control.
- Prepares and supplies program forms and office supplies, tracking inventory to insure that there is an adequate supply for the Case Managers.
- Receiving, sorting and recording donations accurately. Maintains a monthly needs list to be distributed to donors and coordinates pantry donation drives.
- Enters applications and required client information into the HMIS system insuring accuracy and timeliness of data. Prints applications for the case managers and set appointments for interviews as needed.
- Assists in coordination of volunteer projects including but not limited to gathering supplies, participating on the day of and writing thank you notes to participants.
- Supports program and development staff with special events as needed for preparation of event and assist day of.
- Picks up and drop off of needed items and supplies from Hillcrest Thrift stores.
- Assists program staff and Case Mangers with Christmas Adoption, Back-to-School and holiday food distribution.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The qualified candidate must have the ability to work with the disadvantaged, volunteers and donors of diverse and varying backgrounds. The candidate should have knowledge of Microsoft office and be able to multitask. The Program Assistant must possess the ability work in an environment where duties may change from day to day, the capacity for problem solving and a commitment to helping others. Must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and a vehicle in good working condition. Travel between housing sites, thrift stores and office sites is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Monday through Friday, part-time 20 hours per week; (Some weekend and/or evening hours as needed)
This is a part time position at $14.00 per hour.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional, work related references with contact information to Lu Ann Ross, Vice President of Programs, at [email protected], with the subject line “MO Program Assistant”.