Executive Assistant – Full Time
The Executive Assistant is resourced fully to support the President with the goal of making him or her more productive. The Executive Assistant will spend their time on three focus areas: 1) clerical duties on behalf of the President and Board of Directors 2) Human Resource activities 3) auxiliary projects on behalf of the President.
- Schedules and confirms meetings on behalf of the President.
- Prepares communication to be sent out on the organization’s behalf.
- Manages human resources on behalf of the organization.
- On-Boards new employees.
- Manages organization’s internship program.
- Prepares marketing materials for fairs, events, and networking.
- Prepares professional documents and compiles financial statements for use with staff, donor prospects, and board members.
- Acts as a sounding board for the President to process events and plan strategy.
- Creates camaraderie within Hillcrest through staff celebrations and lunches.
- Organizes board meetings, all-staff meetings, meetings with the public/donor base.
- Attends fairs to network with other agencies and inform the public of our housing programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Facilitates prayer committee.
- Conducts research on existing and future program opportunities.
- Initiates special projects on behalf of the leadership team.
- Other roles, projects, and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
A Bachelor’s degree with coursework in management, public relations, or business is preferred. The ideal candidate will know what’s needed without being asked.
- Attention to detail
- Experience balancing ongoing projects with one-time requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Event planning
- Relates well with all types of people including donors, clients, and staff
- Handles tasks with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to travel to other Hillcrest sites throughout the Kansas City metro area
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, DonorPerfect, Constant Contact, WordPress, and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] on or before April 24, 2019.