Hillcrest Transitional Housing of MidAmerica seeks a Case Manager for its transitional housing program serving Jackson County in Missouri. This is a full-time, exempt position with offices located in Independence, MO. Hillcrest provides a transitional housing program for homeless households, providing rent & utility free private apartment housing, as well as supportive services.
The Case Manager will provide program & supportive services to homeless households in the Greater Kansas City area. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in family selection by attending and contributing to prospective client interviews and reviewing written application forms.
- Coordinates client move-in dates with resident manager & apartment sponsors and conducts informal orientation to residential facilities upon client arrival.
- Ensures individual basic needs (health care, clothing, school supplies) are met by providing referrals and distributing donated products; connects clients to mainstream benefit resources. Acts as central resource person for all inquiries from clients.
- Schedules and attends weekly budget meetings. Collaborates with volunteer counselors to ensure residents will earn sufficient resources to provide for future housing needs and begin independent living. Works with clients to address debt load, reduction/forgiveness, and credit repair.
- Monitors resident family compliance with program expectations and guidelines for participation in budget sessions, weekly classes and maintaining full time employment.
- Maintains accurate written & HMIS records of resident activities including an evaluation of each client’s progress at entry, at 30 day intervals, and exit. Enrolls clients in appropriate HMIS programs, updates HMIS entries, and exits clients in a timely fashion.
- Encourages client success in the program by meeting with and counseling them on a weekly basis, taking care to illustrate the reasons behind the rules of the program.
- Delegates tasks (sorting pantry, thrift store errands, furniture pickups, storage, questionnaires, form letters, etc.) to volunteers while training and nurturing them in their designated task to meet Hillcrest high standards. Recruits & oversees volunteers, and performs public speaking to promote advocacy & awareness.
- Facilitates family transition to self-sufficiency by performing move-out housing inspections, facilitating financial assistance as needed, scheduling a visit to their new home, and initiating regular personal contact with graduate families to offer advice and encouragement (aftercare).
- Develops and implements programs that benefit families transition to self-sufficiency, e.g., tutoring, educational field trips, GED training, aftercare, youth group, life skills, etc.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
A Bachelor’s degree with course work in social work, sociology or psychology is preferred. Previous experience working with the homeless, disadvantaged, ESG/CoC grant funded housing programs, and in homeless services delivery is preferred. The Case Manager must have a positive attitude, the ability to work closely with people in a small setting, have the ability to work under time sensitive & high stress situations, have the capacity for problem solving with homeless families, and a commitment to helping people.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience; expected range is $30,000 – $36,000/year, DOQ. Full-time employees are eligible for employer paid health, dental, vision & life insurance, mileage reimbursement, paid personal & vacation time, paid holidays. Employer paid 403b match after 12 months of continuous employment.
To apply for the position of Case Manager with Hillcrest Transitional Housing of MidAmerica, please email the following to Lu Ann Ross, Vice President of Programs, [email protected], with the subject line: Independence Case Manager;
Please attach the following to your email:
1. Cover letter
2. Resume with Salary Requirements
3. Three (3) business related references with contact information