The following rules of conduct shall be in effect while Clients participate in the
Hillcrest Transitional Housing program. Violation of any rule will, at the sole discretion of the Board or Staff, be cause for immediate dismissal from the program,
causing forfeiture of shelter space & supportive services.
- No illegal activity of any kind will be permitted
- Use or possession of alcohol, firearms or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Curfew is 11:00 pm. This can only be waived for work schedules. Your Guests must be out of the shelter buildings by 10:00 pm. Quiet hours are: 10:00 pm through 7:00 am.
- No overnight guests are allowed unless permission is obtained through a staff member.
- Children under the age of 13 must be attended by an approved adult at all times.
- Children must be enrolled in the school district nearest Hillcrest or in the district your family originates from. They must attend school everyday required..
- No fighting of any kind will be tolerated.
- No pets of any kind will be allowed.
- Smoking is NOT permitted inside the shelter units, buildings, or offices.
- Clients must keep shelter units & common areas clean and neat.
- All adults in the Hillcrest program are expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
- All adults must attend scheduled meetings & appointments.
- A $100 program deposit will be taken at time of shelter entry, or at time of first paycheck.
- I acknowledge that Hillcrest staff may enter my shelter unit to do maintenance or cleaning checks when I am not present without notification beyond immediate announcement. I acknowledge the Hillcrest staff will also perform scheduled checks of my shelter unit.
- I acknowledge that Hillcrest staff may require me to submit to random drug testing while I am participating in the transitional housing program, and that my refusal to do so could result in being asked to immediately vacate the program.
I have read and understand that if I violate any one of these rules I may be dismissed from the Hillcrest program. I agree to hold Hillcrest Transitional Housing and/or any other parties associated with this program in any way whatsoever, singly, or collectively, from any blame or liability for injury, misadventure, harm, loss, inconvenience, or damage suffered or sustained as a result of participation in this program or in activities associated therewith. I give permission for information to be released about me and my children, by or to any doctor, social worker, counselor, employer, landlord, shelter, agency, including Mid America Assistance Coalition & Rosie HMIS databases, or any other person deemed necessary by Hillcrest Transitional Housing. I agree that my acceptance into the Hillcrest Transitional Housing Program is not a rental agreement, and that this is not a landlord/tenant agreement, but an application for temporary homeless shelter & supportive services provided by the Hillcrest program.