Hillcrest Transitional Housing is committed to doing its part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community. To this end, we have implemented changes on all of our campuses and at our thrift stores.
Hillcrest Transitional Housing Sites
* All volunteer opportunities have resumed. Outdoor volunteer projects with no group limits are available; physical distancing is encouraged when possible. Indoor projects are limited to five (5) volunteers at a time in any single, confined space. If you are interested in scheduling a volunteer project, e-mail Tamara Grubb at [email protected].
* Volunteers and visitors will be asked to sign-in. All visitors to Hillcrest sites will be asked to sign-in and provide their contact information.
* The size of visitor groups will be limited. Visitors including program applicants, donors, contractors, and business partners are welcome on site, however only five (5) people at a time will be allowed in any single, confined space.
* Additional guidelines are being communicated. Additional guidelines and recommendations specific to staff and residents have been communicated to them directly.
Hillcrest encourages all employees, residents, volunteers, and others to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) related to COVID-19, including staying home if you are feeling unwell.
Hillcrest Thrift Stores
Hillcrest Thrift Stores will maintain compliance with the most recent mandates. In accordance with both Jackson County and the State of Kansas, shoppers are required to wear face masks at both our Lee’s Summit and Lenexa stores. Masks should cover both your mouth and nose. In addition:
* Donations will be quarantined for the recommended period of time (72 hours), and we continue to offer a contactless donation process. The donation center hours at both of our stores have returned to normal. You may drop off donations at our Lee’s Summit location Monday-Saturday between 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and at Lenexa 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturdays.
* Hillcrest Thrift Stores have suspended donation truck pick-ups through at least the end of August.
* Social distancing guidelines are in place at checkout line.
* Window barriers are installed at the registers.
* Shopping carts are cleaned after each use.
* High traffic areas are sanitized on a regular schedule.
* Hand sanitizers are stationed on the sales floor.