Hillcrest Transitional Housing is solving homelessness in Kansas City, but we need you! Will you join our CIRCLE OF FRIENDS and pour your time, talent, and treasure into the lives of Hillcrest residents and their journey toward self-sufficiency?
We’ve made it easy for you to get involved! Simply fill out the form below to sign-up for the opportunities you want to be notified of. When a need arises, we’ll let you know how you can get involved and who you should contact. In addition, you’ll be subscribed to our newsletter e-mail list so that you’ll always be “in the know” about Hillcrest happenings.
Some of the opportunities we have available include:
– Mentors: Spend one hour a week providing one-on-one budget counseling or mentoring with our residents.
– Skill Builders: Teach a life skills class with our residents.
– First Steps: Help get apartments ready for new residents and/or organize community drives for household items.
– Party Crew: Celebrate our residents’ successes by hosting graduation or birthday parties or providing gifts.
– Treasure Hunters: Help stock shelves at one of our thrift stores.
– Rangers: Assist with maintenance needs across our campuses.
Support or Sponsor Our Work
In addition, rally your family, group of friends, faith community, business, or other group and make a larger commitment by becoming either a supporter or a sponsor of our work:
– Supporter – Make a one year commitment to adopt an apartment, including cleaning, decorating, providing initial food needs, celebrating the progress of resident families, providing meals for the Hillcrest resident community, and sponsoring a table at our annual Gala.
– Sponsor – Become an apartment sponsor and make connections with Hillcrest residents while financially supporting an apartment for one year. In addition to the responsibilities of our Hillcrest supporters, sponsors make an annual commitment to offset the cost of offering and maintaining our apartments and the assistance our clients receive while in the program.